DREAMS UNWIND, LOVE'S A STATE OF MIND



Saturday, January 14, 2012

HIGH TREASON

As I was debating what to blog about today I once again drew a blank. So, with nothing inspiring to say I decided to look and see what happened this day in history. Much to my history-loving pleasure, I discovered that today in 1784 the United States ratified a peace treaty ending the Revolutionary War.

Thanks to all the brave men and women who went through things that we can only imagine, we now live in a free country. Through tracing genealogy I have found out that I have several ancestors who were in the Revolution. I am proud of their sacrifice and thankful that they thought of us and what freedom would mean for future generations. I wholeheartedly believe the Founding Fathers and those who sacrificed so much during this great period of our nation's history, as well as since then to preserve our freedom would be sorely disappointed, disheartened and downright offended at that way we have treated their sacrifice and for that we should be ashamed of ourselves.

I believe the day has come where we have to pick up where they left off and fight for freedom all over again, this time in a different way. Who knows what the future holds for us in this country. Will we have the courage they had? I pray we realize what's at stake and just how much we stand to lose if we are not willing to stand up for freedom.

I will leave you with a quote:

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains
to preserv
e it.”
John Adams

1 comment: